When was the last time you felt the strength and determination of your legs? The sensual power of your hips? The agile movement of your thighs? When was the last time you dropped into the deep, uncompromising force in your belly? Or moved from the wild, creative depths of your womb?
Masculine energy shapes our daily life
As technology and life demand more and more of our mental focus and attention, women have become less and less connected to the lower half of our bodies, the place where our raw, wild nature resides.
The masculine, western world demands that we be strong, independent, focused, strategic, efficient, so we can “get shit done” better and faster than anyone else. Our value is defined by how much we have accomplished and in how little time.
The result is that many of us engage in activities that only involve the upper half of our body. We constantly problem solve: using our brains to organize, plan, strategize and assess while minimizing our intuitive, expansive, creative nature. We work on our devices 6-12 hours a day and narrow our talents in order to be more rational, reasonable and efficient. We think linearly, and as we check off our to do lists, we are sure we’re “making sense” and moving ahead.
We diligently follow the rules given to us, and in doing so, we push down the potent forces of our fierceness, sensuality and instinct. We become predictable and strive to be acceptable.
Disconnection from the lower half of our bodies
As a result, our minds feel contracted and stressed, our shoulders tight, our chests rigid, our arms stiff, our hands tired. While the upper body is fully engaged, and we may mentally feel adrenalized and driven, the lower half of our body is cutoff and neglected. It remains uninvolved. We end up exhausted.
When we disconnect from our lower bodies, it leaves us with an intangible feeling that we are missing something; something vital that feels out of our grasp. And we are. We are missing a deep sense of intimacy and connection with ourselves.
Women and their physical strengths
As women, our bodies are designed to receive, create, nourish, sustain, hold, give birth, renew, regenerate, expand, contain. But too many of our every day activities take us away from these most basic instincts and depth. We don’t think there’s room for our intuition, for something that isn’t “reasonable,” for something that’s unpredictable; we don’t allow room for our nature.
This workshop is designed for you, if you:
- are physically and mentally tired of following the rules, of being a good girl, of approaching life in a driven and masculine way.
- wish to tap into a profound source of energy, one you know is there and have been longing for.
- are ready to unleash the deep physical power and wildness held in your body
If you are exhausted from focusing, tired from strategizing, and stressed from the overall pressure of your incessant to-do list, then this workshop will drop you into the nourishing presence, creative energy and powerful life force your body contains.
When you unleash this power on a regular basis, your…
- creativity expands, options open up, decisions are easier to make.
- intuition easily emerges and guides you
- ability to trust life deepens, regardless of success or failure.
- natural presence is grounded, clear and wisely unpredictable.
- life moves more fluidly and naturally.
- joy emanates out of you in the simplest of ways.
In this dynamic workshop, you’ll…
- develop a profound connection to your lower body through moving your feet, legs, hips and pelvic area in various sizes, shapes and rhythms.
- access and release the life forces of rage, fervor, tenderness and undeniable sensuality.
- deepen this connection and flow, through breathing and movement exercises with the low belly.
- access the power of the womb through breath and embodiment practices.
- become aware of how and when you lose connection to your lower body and how to simply re-connect.
- recognize the way rules narrow and limit your outlook and options and learn to move beyond them as a woman.
- move beyond inhibitions around your body, sex, sensuality and presence.
- re-discover the alive potency of stillness.
Throughout the workshop, you’ll nourish the deeper energy that sustains you and learn its importance in your everyday choices.
All of the movement training and embodiment practices are designed so you can continue to train and explore on your own, where ever you are.
Mastery of body wisdom
Marcela’s mastery of body wisdom is evident in her seemingly mystical ability to read the emotional landscape of perfect strangers. She saw what was there, and with a few words of guidance, supported me to shift, through my body, some troubles which I knew where there, but couldn’t work out how to get at them.
What is the workshop size?
The maximum participants in this workshop is 14. The nature of the subject is such that a smaller, more intimate group allows participants to freely express themselves and feel safe in the process.
What is the workshop schedule?
Saturday: 9:30am – 5:30pm (Lunch break 1:00 – 2:30 pm)
Several short breaks are scheduled throughout the day.
What should I wear to the workshop?
As this is a movement workshop, it’s best to wear clothes that are comfortable. Yoga gear / active wear are great. The room temperature may vary as you move, so it’s best to layer yourself.
What should I bring to the workshop?
Bring a notepad, pen and water bottle. Snacks will be provided, but if you have special dietary restrictions, please bring your own, as well.
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
Yes, as long as you contact via email to email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. Please provide the name, email and contact number of the person you are transferring your ticket to. The new participant must contact me directly prior to the workshop. If for some reason, the ticket is not used, it is not refundable at this point.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel any workshop up to 1 month prior to the event for a full refund less any credit card or PayPal processing fees.
Cancellations less then 1 month but more than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will receive a 50% refund less any credit card or PayPal processing fees.
Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop date are non-refundable. You may transfer the ticket onto a friend 48 hours prior to the workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.