When was the last time you felt the strength and determination of your legs? The generous, sensual power of your hips? The agile movement of your thighs? When was the last time you dropped into the deep, relentless force in your belly? Or moved from the wild, creative depths of your womb?
Masculine energy shapes our daily life
As technology and life demand more and more of our mental focus and attention, women have become less and less connected to the lower half of our bodies, the place where our raw, wild nature resides.
The masculine, western world demands that we be strong, independent, focused, strategic, efficient, so we can “get shit done” better and faster than anyone else. Our value is defined by how much we have accomplished and in how little time.
The result is that many of us engage in activities that only involve the upper half of our body. We constantly problem solve: using our brains to organize, plan, strategize and assess while minimizing our intuitive, expansive, creative nature. We work on our devices 6-12 hours a day and narrow our talents in order to be more rational, reasonable and efficient. We think linearly, and as we check off our to do lists, we are sure we’re “making sense” and moving ahead.
We diligently follow the rules given to us, and in doing so, we push down the potent forces of our fierceness, sensuality and instinct. We become predictable and strive to be acceptable.
Disconnection from the lower half of our bodies
As a result, our minds feel contracted and stressed, our shoulders tight, our chests rigid, our arms stiff, our hands tired. While the upper body is fully engaged, and we may mentally feel adrenalized and driven, the lower half of our body is cutoff and neglected. It remains uninvolved. We end up exhausted.
When we disconnect from our lower bodies, it leaves us with an intangible feeling that we are missing something; something vital that feels out of our grasp. And we are. We are missing a deep sense of intimacy and connection with ourselves.
Women and their physical strengths
As women, our bodies are designed to receive, create, nourish, sustain, hold, give birth, renew, regenerate, expand, contain. But too many of our every day activities take us away from these most basic instincts and depth. We don’t think there’s room for our intuition, for something that isn’t “reasonable,” for something that’s unpredictable; we don’t allow room for our nature.
This workshop is designed for you, if you:
- are physically and mentally tired of following the rules, of being a good girl, of approaching life in a driven and masculine way.
- wish to tap into a profound source of energy, one you know is there and have been longing for.
- are ready to unleash the deep physical power and wildness held in your body
If you are exhausted from focusing, tired from strategizing, and stressed from the overall pressure of your incessant to-do list, then this workshop will drop you into the nourishing presence, creative energy and powerful life force your body contains.
When you unleash this power on a regular basis, your…
- creativity expands, options open up, decisions are easier to make.
- intuition easily emerges and guides you
- ability to trust life deepens, regardless of success or failure.
- natural presence is grounded, clear and wisely unpredictable.
- life moves more fluidly and naturally.
- joy emanates out of you in the simplest of ways.
In this dynamic workshop, you’ll…
- develop a profound connection to your lower body through moving your feet, legs, hips and pelvic area in various sizes, shapes and rhythms.
- access and release the life forces of rage, fervor, tenderness and undeniable sensuality.
- deepen this connection and flow, through breathing and movement exercises with the low belly.
- access the power of the womb through breath and embodiment practices.
- become aware of how and when you lose connection to your lower body and how to simply re-connect.
- recognize the way rules narrow and limit your outlook and options and learn to move beyond them as a woman.
- move beyond inhibitions around your body, sex, sensuality and presence.
- re-discover the alive potency of stillness.
Throughout the workshop, you’ll nourish the deeper energy that sustains you and learn its importance in your everyday choices.
All of the movement training and embodiment practices are designed so you can continue to train and explore on your own, where ever you are.
VENUE + LOGISTICS
Slí na Bandé is located in County Wicklow, Ireland.
Starts: Friday, 20 September 2019 at 15:00pm
Ends: Sunday, 22 September 11:00 am
Checkout: Sunday, 22 September at 12:00 pm
- Workshop as described (15 hours of workshop)
- 2 nights shared accommodation* / lodging*
- Delicious, freshly prepared meals for entire stay (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks)
- Free time to walk and rest and take in the beauty
- Natural pool and hot tub
Her commitment to show up for herself, not judging, inspires me to do the same.
Marcela is one of the few workshop leaders I know, who is able to hold space for the participants and at the same time not allowing them to buy into their own BS, nurturing with care, love, and firmness. She rests in herself enough to show her own insecurities and growing edge, which encourages me to go deeper and dare to show just a little bit more of myself. Her commitment to show up for herself, not judging, inspires me to do the same, and as I learn to inquire within and pay attention, not judging, I slowly let go of old beliefs, fears and childhood hurts.
Deeply realistic, mature and transformative
This is not “love-and-light” goddess work, but deeply realistic, mature, practical, personal and transformative body-based therapy.
How many people will participate in this weekend?
The maximum participants in this immersion is 18.
What is the workshop schedule?
On Friday afternoon, we will meet at 3pm for an opening circle, intention setting and movement practice.
Saturday’s schedule will be from 9:30-7:30pm with a long lunch break.
Sunday we will meet in the morning from 8:30-11:00am to close the workshop.
Checkout is 12pm on Sunday.
What should I bring to the retreat?
Be sure to bring plenty of clothes in which you can train and layers
Bring hiking or walking shoes, as we you’ll want to explore the grounds.
Bring a bathing suit and towel to enjoy the natural pool and hot tub.
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
Yes, as long as you contact via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the workshop. Please provide the name, email and contact number of the person you are transferring your ticket to. The new participant must contact me directly prior to the workshop. If for some reason, the ticket is not used, it is not refundable at this point.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your participation up to 1 month prior to the event for a full refund less any credit card or processing fees.
Cancellations less then 1 month but more than 2 weeks prior to the immersion will receive a 50% refund less any credit card or processing fees.
Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop date are non-refundable. You may transfer the ticket onto a friend one week prior to the immersion by emailing email@example.com.